Many people have different ideas of what it means to respect one’s self, but after talking with my friends, and meditating on it a bit this is what I found. Body purity is not just pleasing to God, but it shows respect for yourself as an individual. Be mindful of how you let others treat you because it’s a reflection of how you view yourself.
Why is body Purity important?
- The Lord cares about our bodies
- Our bodies were not made for sexual immorality but for the Lord
- Our body is part of Christ
- You become one with whatever you join your body with
- 1 Corinthians 6:13 – 17, 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
- Sexual immorality affects the body the most
- Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit
- We don’t belong to ourselves; God bought us with a high price – the blood of Christ.
- Sexual immorality does not honor God.
- 1 Corinthians 6:18 – 20, 2 Corinthians 7:1, Romans 12:1
- Keeps your inheritance from you
- You can not tap into your inheritance when you’re joined with sin
- You are defiling yourself when you join yourself with something other than the Spirit of God.
- We were cleansed and should try to glorify God in all we do.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9, Galatians 5:19-21, 2 Timothy 2:22, Ephesians 5:5
We have the grace to live a Godly live
- Through Christ, we’ve been given all we need to live a godly life
- 2 Peter 1:3, 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
- But we also have to do our part with what we have been given
- Hebrews 12:1, Romans 6:11-14, Galatians 5:13, Titus 2:12, Colossians 3:1-3
- God is not the one tempting or “testing” us. He’s already overcome it all so that we also can overcome.
- James 1:13-14, Hebrews 4:15-16, Psalm 119:9,
Thank you for your word which is a shining light unto my feet. Thank you for the strength and the ability to follow your word, for in following your word I am living a higher and more fulfilled life. Thank you for your grace and mercy. I need your help oh Lord to remain pure for you. Help me to not defile your temple. I will meditate on your word daily, such that it will stay in my heart and strengthen me during the evil day. Holy Spirit thank you for showing me the correct way and opening the eyes of my understanding of the truth. To you belongs all the glory father God, forever and ever.
In Jesus’ Name